SHORT HISTORY OF THE WORKSHOP
In 1989 the organshop was founded by Berend Veger
and Winold van der Putten in Winschoten. Berend Veger
was educated as a music teacher and harpsichord player.
Winold van der Putten was experienced organbuilder with
the Reil brothers in Heerde.
The first commissions were the chestorgans for Jaques Ogg
(continuoplayer in the "Orkest van de 18de eeuw") and the
Conservatory in Groningen and the restauration of the
churchorgan in Gandersum in Germany.
In 1998 the shop moved to Finsterwolde, in the previous
"Hotel Hommes", in wich later the townhall of Finsterwolde
was located. We found enough space in this building for our
Berend Veger left the company in 1999, Winold van der Putten
continued to guide the shop by himself.
The most important project was the organ built for the Evangelische Kirchengemeinde
at Bremen-Walle, Germany. It is completely designed in
style of 1650. Together with the GOART institute and german
organbuilder Harm Kirschner of Weener (http://www.orgelbauwerkstatt.de)
it was possible to start to cast metal on sand.
Further orders for new organs and restaurations followed.
The shop is happy to be located in the most famous and inspiring
"organ-garden" in Europe.
In 2002 Winold van der Putten had a terrible car accident and
wasn't able to continue to lead the organshop. Co-worker
Ingrid Noack took over the shop and is director since 2006.
Winold van der Putten is still working along as a volunteer and
(Interview in the Dutch Organmagazine: De Orgelvriend).
The since years existing cooperation with Mense Ruiter organshop
the exchange of knowledge, expertise and technical means
is continued with financial partnership in our workshop.
Bellcaster Simon Laudy (http://www.klokkengieterij.nl)
has his workshop behind our organshop and also
with him we are having a good cooperation.
In 2010 we have 5 people working in the shop, which
are working together as a good team.
Together we share the love for historic organs with